Beautiful hair, thick hair glowing health - who does not dream about it? But due to the environment, malnutrition, genetic predisposition and stress, such hair are not many. During the life of every day with the head of an average human hair fall out: maybe 100, maybe 50. The lifespan of hair on the head is up to seven years. In the active growth phase are 100 % hair and only 10 % - in the resting phase. Two, or six months after the end of this period, they fall. With age, a man of his thinning scalp, the hair becomes thin and fragile. Sometimes, after a loss, do not grow, forming a bald head. But such a process can begin much earlier than people have time to grow old. People, adults and not very young and the elderly, are increasingly complaining about doctors that they have much hair fall out, with the bulb. The causes of variances disease in which the hair at the site of extinct remain open the skin of the head without hair characteristics (popularly known as baldness), is called alopecia baldness (alopecia). The skin at the same time have a normal color. No dandruff and other abnormalities. Factors, which everyone knows, but not all are able to deal with them:
- various hair damage (blow-drying hair, coloring and chemical compositions for any zavivok);
- injury and head injury, and her skin;
- bad habits (alcohol, unhealthy diets);
- the state of stress;
- traumatic hairstyle: tight braids and others.
Factors beyond the control of the person:
- genetic inheritance (in lineage from generation to generation have bald);
- hormonal imbalances (menopause, post-delivery, etc.);
- various infections (fungal, bacterial, autoimmune disease);
- effect of certain drugs (antidepressants, pressure reduction, anticoagulants, etc.);
- treatments for cancer (chemotherapy, radiation exposure);
- thyroid disease;
- disease systemic lupus.
What are the symptoms
- Alopecia can be partial (in both men and women): displacement of the hairline to the nape happens, hair loss starts from temples, then at the top.
- When complete baldness hair begins to thin and fall out evenly over the entire head.
- Local hair loss is characteristic for individual areas of the skin of the head, the hair becomes thin and brittle.
- Hair loss can be observed only a certain period after serious stress for the body: birth, disease, operations. If, while taking medicines prescribed by a doctor, there were inflammation of the scalp, allergies, itching, and other symptoms - you need to see a doctor, so he spent the correction prescribed treatment.
Medications for hair loss
Modern pharmacology has a large arsenal of active drugs, show positive effect in the treatment of alopecia. Here are some of them:
- Minoxidil (analogues);
- blockers dihydrotestosterone (and other androgens);
- corticosteroids (anti);
- substance with immunosuppressive action (irritant);
- regulating proliferative processes (in the epidermis);
- photosensitizers (used fotohimeoterapii).
Description medications: Minoxidil Assign baldness in men and women (hormone preparation). Prescribed for hair loss in the elderly and reduce the level of hormones. Contraindications are not known. Propecia (finasteride) Very expensive medication in tablet form. Action: inhibition of testosterone to 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (a hormone which affects the growth of hair). Prescription only for men. Known side effects: decreased libido, changes in sexual function. Cimetidine (Tagamet) Histamine-blocker that is used to treat gastro-intestinal tract: reflux and stomach ulcers. Used in the treatment of androgenic alopecia in women (not recommended for men). Oral Contraceptives Decrease reproduction of androgens by the ovaries can use it at the female androgenetic alopecia. Hormone replacement therapy is useful for women during menopause, with a lack of estrogen and progesterone. It should be remembered that negative emotions, depressed state of mind in which a person is a long period, may influence not only on the general health, and no deterioration in the growth and hair loss. Recommendations and attentive physician survey will help to identify the causes of hair loss and choose the right treatment.