Epilepsy - is a dangerous chronic neuro-psychological disorder characterized by recurrent seizures, and accompanied by a variety of clinical and paraclinical symptoms. Causes: While seizures can be observed in many diseases and thus may be associated with them, the true cause of epilepsy is unknown. Studies show that this disease occurs when a certain area of the brain is damaged but not completely destroyed. It was affected, but keep cell viability are the source of abnormal discharges, and hence the seizures. Sometimes, during a seizure, a new damage to the brain, near or at a distance from the former. Since forming additional epileptic foci. It is still unknown why the same disease in the same patient is accompanied by seizures, and another - no. Even more puzzling is the fact that some people who have had a seizure, it is not repeated in the future, and in others there are frequent repetitive seizures. Important, probably has a genetic predisposition, but the mode of inheritance is not clearly established. Apparently, epilepsy causes a combination of hereditary and environmental factors, including illness. symptoms:
- Seizures in epilepsy attack is preceded by an aura - a short period (1-3 minutes), comprising different in nature feeling without loss of consciousness. In infants aura expressed restlessness or immobility (fading), gastrointestinal disorders, sweating, facial flushing.
- Young children beg on your hands, rub the handles eyes senior indicate visual, taste, sound, olfactory hallucinations, autonomic reactions, etc. Then suddenly lose consciousness, which is preceded by a piercing scream or moan (spasm of the glottis), and begins an attack of convulsions:. Re6enok falls, tonic muscles tense, then begins phase-clonic seizures. Seizures in children characterized by a predominance of the tonic phase and the longer duration of the seizure.
- Painting of the face during the last varies from pale at the beginning of the attack to the purple-bluish in the end. Noisy breathing, hoarse. Mouth allocated foam stained blood, come involuntary urination, defecation, the pupils do not react to light. After the seizure occurs different duration sleep.
- With the awakening of children complain of weakness, headache, depressed. In addition to the seizure of generalized seizures, in children observed seizures abortive character when cramps gripped a certain group of muscles (face, hands, etc.) - the so-called unfinished seizures. A distinction is also Jackson's motor seizures caused by the defeat of the motor area of the cerebral cortex.
- The convulsive process involved a muscle or group of muscles contralateral cortex. A feature of this attack is the absence of the tonic phase. Clonic convulsions occur when fully conscious, then spread to adjacent muscles and moving in general convulsions with loss of consciousness or clonic seizure limited initial stage.
- In young children often observed small seizures or absence seizures - brief episodes of loss of consciousness or convulsions with tonic clonic equivalents himself fit short, sometimes it goes unnoticed.